Boston Heart Diagnostics Test
Cardiovascular disease (CVD), commonly called “heart disease,” refers to health issues with the heart and blood vessels. These health issues can lead to blood clots, blocked arteries, chest pain, heart attack, stroke, acute heart failure, disability, and even death. Most individuals identified as at risk for heart disease or diagnosed with heart disease, can be treated or managed with lifestyle choices and proper medication and/or supplements.
Risk factors that you can’t control
- History of heart attack or stroke
- Family history of heart attack or stroke, especially in men younger than 55 and women younger than 65
- Chronic kidney disease
- Age over 45 for men and over 55 for women
Risk factors you can control
- Dietary habits
- Lack of regular exercise
- High blood pressure
- High total cholesterol
- High LDL cholesterol
- Low HDL cholesterol
The comprehensive yet focused diagnostic test portfolio from Boston Heart includes over 40 measurements of cholesterol, inflammation, genetics, and metabolics.
- Fast for at least 8 hours prior to the blood draw.
- Schedule the blood draw at Wellness Resolutions before 11:00 AM.
- Schedule a review appointment for 3 weeks after the blood draw.
Cost (As of June 2017)
- Boston Heart will bill your insurance prior to sending you a bill.
- With most insurance, you may receive a bill from Boston Heart for a maximum of $154.00.
- Traditional Medicare insurance will cover the cost in full.
- With Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Medicare Advantage, TriCare, or Federally-funded insurance you may receive a significant bill from Boston Heart. We recommend calling Boston Heart’s billing department at 888-799-8711 (option 5) prior to scheduling a blood draw to learn about your insurance plan’s coverage.
- Self-pay (no insurance) you will receive a bill from Boston Heart for $1,158.00.
- Office visit to review results $165.00 for the first review, $95.00 for follow up reviews.